Friday, May 23, 2008

viral culture...

shot 14 done and dusted...
a bit later than usual these days but was out for a bite to eat with my lovely clients to celebrate our site going live. they new i was sick and going through a chemo-y type treatment but i finally came out and told them about my hepC. they really cant believe how i'm holding down the hours that i do do with the meds that i'm on as everyone else on the project is exhausted and in good health!

think its because my work grew out of something i would be doing anyway - and no, not crochet! that was in another life, lol...

but i have been so surprise and amaxed at who has/hasn't been supportive. clients and production companies that know are sooo there for me when i need and understanding when i'm wiped out. but close friends that i thought would help me out are no where to be seen for the last few months. fuck them. i know people are busy but some of them have been in hospital and i've dragged my own sick ass halfway across town to see them/take their kids...

also, another friend that hasnt' been around or even called since week 6 is someone my life has revolved around for years as her daughter had chronic fatigue - to the point that all holidays, etc for the last 5 years have been at their house ---- but i don't even warrant a fucking stop by cup of tea.

whatever.

sorry to rant - but realising how lovely the business/industry client production company colleague type people have been as opposed to those i have supported for years really makes me realise how much my life is going to move on and change when treatment is over. i'm already planning a big party to say thank you to all these people...

and then my wedding too!

yikes.

No comments: